Monday, September 14, 2009

Half Way Through S&S

I'm in a really good part of S&S, the part where you can't put it down because you just want to know what the heck is going on inside Willoughby's head! Oh my gosh, is he a complete ass, a "typical" noncommittal guy, or is there something else going on? Isn't it hilarious how women now and women then have the same relationship problems? Its like the 18th century version of "He's Just Not That Into You" and I'm sorry to say, Marianne, he's just not that into you! At least from what it seems like now. But seriously, what a jerk. I really hope that turns out not to be the case, but either way, its looking like a lose-lose siuation because he either betrayed Marianne or betrayed his fiance. Jane Austen is completely the inventor of the romantic comedy. I feel like most of our movies are present day versions of parts of her stories. She really is so good.

In other news:
I am watching Jon + Kate= Hate right now and it reminded me that last night I had a dream about them. I dreamed Kate was this really sweet lady and she and Jon were getting along really well despite the divorce and I felt so bad for them and wanted them to work things out. But then, in my dream, they went outside and had this huge screaming match that was so loud you could hear it inside the house. I'm not sure why I felt the need to share that. I guess my brain is working out some issues/feelings with Jon and Kate and their devastating story in my sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment