Saturday, September 5, 2009

Fall is in the Air

Fall is definitely, by far, my most favorite season of the year. I wish it was always fall, except for at Christmas and then I want it to be a snowy white winter. However, if it was always fall than I wouldn't get so excited when the change begins to happen.
The last week has been such a wonderful taste of the coming fall. 65 degree mornings, pumpkin spice lattes and the craving for all things pumpkin, no humidity, what could be better? I can't wait for the leaves to change and to get out my fall clothes, which by the way don't fit, so I guess I will have to get a new fall wardrobe...yikes!
Unlike most of my friends, I am not a fan of sundresses, skirts, shorts, bathing suits or anything of the like. Sandals are ok, but they make my feet hurt and I always feel like I have to have a pedicure. The fact that I am fair skinned (vampire chic) and my wardrobe primarily brown, gray and blue is also much for acceptable in the fall. I love bundling up in sweatshirts and blankets and fluffy socks and I am ridiculously excited about the fact that our new house has a wood burning fire place. I'm in heaven.
I also got out my knitting bag full of beautiful yarn and half finished projects that were interrupted by the birth of a certain little boy. I found a cute knitting shop across the street from my neighborhood and am looking forward to taking some classes this fall.

Reading Jane Austen makes me happy fall is coming too. Long walks in the cool autumn air and returning to a cozy cottage for a cup of tea, delicious! I just got to the part in Sense & Sensibility where Willoughby takes sudden leave for an indefinite period of time and the Dashwoods are heartbroken and wondering why. Elinor and Mrs. Dashwood have speculated as to what could be the reason, but neither has asked Marianne and the reader is left to wonder and speculate as well. The romantic side of me completely feels for Marianne. It must have been so horrible to have the person you love go away and the only way to communicate with them it to simply hope that they write you a letter! That sounds miserable.
The last 2 days Noah has not been sleeping well and Dave has been sick so I have had a harder time keeping up my reading pace. I am about 70 pages in though and hope to get some good reading time this weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Don't forget the spiced pumpkin candle! Reminds me of you every year!!

    ReplyDelete