Thursday, September 10, 2009

New Post

Yes, I realize I am behind on my posting, and my reading. Teething baby-enough said. I am only about 100 pages in to S&S, a bit behind my self-set schedule, which in case I haven't communicated yet, is to finish each book in a month or less. But I still have 20 days, and my mother-in-law is coming in town today so I might take some "me" time and go to Starbucks, have a pumpkin spice latte and catch up on some reading.

In other news, I have started a knitting project for the first time since Noah was born. Maybe I have already blogged about this, I don't know, I am so tired right now my brain feels like mush. I am knitting a light blue crib blanket in the stockinette stitch (my current favorite) with a garter stitch border-an Ann Norling pattern. This may also be contributing to my lack of reading because those of you who knit know that it can be really addicting (just one more row, just one more row...)
This is the biggest project (in size) I have done so far. I picked the smallest baby blanket pattern and it still required to cast on 140 stitches. I realize that is not a lot in terms of big projects, but I hate casting on and it took me forever and my arms were sore afterward. Does that count as a workout by the way? If there are any knitters reading this blog, how to you keep track of the stitches you are casting on without have to go back and count. I think I counted 3x and I'm still not sure that I cast on 140 stitches. I don't know how I am going to realize my dreams of knitting an afgan (no idea how to spell that word, and no I don't mean the people group, I mean the blanket) if I can't even cast on 140 stitches.
I have already made a ton of mistakes, which the perfectionist in me hates. I really need to take a class on fixing your mistakes, but that just sounds so boring. So I guess what that says about me is that I want to be perfect, but I don't want to try, ha.
I will try to post a picture of my progress and also write a post on S&S. Is anyone else reading? Any thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment